August 11, 2013

The Hobbit: Lord Elrond Costume: Summary

Lord Elrond Photo from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey


It took me 6.5 months to build the Lord Elrond costume from scratch. I worked on the project sporadically though, mainly because I had other things to do, but sometimes because I was stumped. While I tried hard to get the whole project organized and planned out, there were times when I would suddenly realize that something I initially thought would work wouldn’t. At that point, I would do something totally different (like Fili's vest) until a lightbulb of an idea would come up.

Thankfully, I managed to make it all come together. On the whole, I’m quite happy with how the costume turned out.

This page serves as the jumpoff point for the build pages of the various elements of my Lord Elrond Costume. May you all be inspired.


No comments: