August 9, 2013

The Hobbit: Lord Elrond Costume: Boot Armor

The boot armor that I made is actually a cheat. On the stock photo of Elrond, I couldn’t tell if the armor was actually overlapped bands with silver edgings. For my purpose, I decided to just use a flat piece of vinyl, backed with heat-curved foam, and accented with silver polymer clay crisscrossed stripes. Then I used loops (same system as the back of the vest), to wrap the “armor” (more like a shield) onto the boot.

So that’s what I did.

Lord Elrond boot armor work in progress.

I punched holes where I would attach the loops for the back laces, brushed on some Mod Podge, and attached Velcro to the bottom tabs to anchor the armor to the sole of the boot. Easy as pie.

Lord Elrond boot armor work in progress.

Lord Elrond boot armor work in progress.

Lord Elrond boot armor work in progress.

Lord Elrond boot armor work in progress.

Lord Elrond boot armor work in progress.

Lord Elrond boot armor work in progress.

Lord Elrond boot armor work in progress.

[Go back to Lord Elrond Costume Summary]

No comments: