May 19, 2013

Turbo Corn on the Cob


I used to cook corn unhusked in boiling water. Then we acquired a turbo broiler. I thought, if I can grill meat in the broiler, it makes sense that I can grill corn there too. Since then, I have never cooked corn any other way. Now our corn on the cob treats are juicy, tasty, and so addictive.

Here are the steps to cooking the best corn on the cob: 
  1. Purchase raw corn ears that look fresh. Avoid those that have dried husks. Peek into the husks to check that the kernels are plump and not drying out.
    Fresh raw corn
  2. Cut off the tips to remove the hair and the back ends. You might want to use a cleaver to chop off the back end – I twist the scissors around the base of the corn until the stalk is severed enough to allow me to break it off.
    Cut off tips of corn husk.

  3. Place them in the turbo broiler and set the temperature to 450 degrees F. 
    Place corn in turbo broiler.

  4. Cook for 20 minutes.
    Bake corn for 20 minutes.

  5. Enjoy!
    Enjoy juicy, tasty corn on the cob.

Remember: Corn is healthy food. It's what you add to the corn (salt, butter, cheese, mayonnaise, catsup, maple syrup, bacon, pot roast, full rack of ribs, etc.) that makes it unhealthy. Truth.


No comments: